skip navigation

Welcome, Guest [log in · register]
Cwn Annwn
Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 »
Lunarea I’m aweful at scripting zMud so I decided to ask for help here. I was wondering if there was a script that would replace combat text to display more "simple" terms for me to read. I only want it to replace "buff"/"debuff" affects such as weaken, blind, web, curse, armor, shield, etc.

Example:

Instead of the usual string for being flash bombed, druid blind, bard blind, any blind you get "***BLINDED***"

That would make it much easier for me to follow combat (i suck i know)

Thanks!!!
Katran
Make a list of the strings that you want to replace with another message.
Lunarea How would I go about gathering them? I’m not certain what all kinds of messages are out there. Ex: Different types of web messages and their sources.

I could get what i’m familiar with for now but i’m not sure if that would emcompas every string for a status ailment.
Siege
pk logs on this site
Doolb sorry to ninja your post, but i am looking for that script that your using. would you happen to know the name of it or have the link to find it. thanks :P
Lunarea Not yet no. I’ve just started going through logs looking for strings of text. Once i compile a list i’ll post it here. This may take some time due to school/tests lol. Thanks for the advice!!
Nixcraft
blindness - A brilliant flare of white light erupts in front of your eyes!
curse - You feel a crushing weight throughout your entire being, and stagger slightly.
ff - You are outlined by a faint pink glow.
plague - Ghastly looking sores start cropping up on your body as Zazou inflicts the plague upon you!
poison - You have been poisoned!
sleep - You feel very sleepy… Zzzzzz…
weaken - You feel as though your legs have turned to water! You stagger, barely able to walk.
web - You are enmeshed in thick webbing produced by the spiders!

.. somebody add to this
Nixcraft
you’d probably want strings from both sides heh
Lunarea Thank you Nixcraft! Those are exactly what I was looking for. To my understanding Blindness has several different strings for the same effect. Thanks again for those strings! Less for me to hunt :D
Lunarea Okay I have a few combat strings. Some i’m not 100% certain what spell they are but never the less I have them :). After someone provides some zMud scripting for this I can probably figure out how to add more later. Thanks again to everyone who posts!

Prothis begins casting a spell…
Prothis has completed his casting.
You are outlined by a faint pink glow.

Prothis begins to play a tune on a well-crafted violin…
Prothis has completed his song.
You feel as though your legs have turned to water! You stagger, barely able to walk.

You feel sluggish.

You feel a crushing weight throughout your entire being, and stagger slightly.

Ghastly looking sores start cropping up on your body as Prothis inflicts the plague upon you!

A noxious cloud of green gas pours from Prothis’s fingertips, swirling about you.
You have been poisoned!

A thin wall of frost forms around you.
Your muscles stop responding due to the cold.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 »