skip navigation

Welcome, Guest [log in · register]
Cwn Annwn
Search
Page 1 of 1 1
Forral So I’ve recently decided to make the switch to MUSH, but am having trouble adjusting because the help files are vague, and people don’t seem too willing to help. Could anyone, either on here, through email, or in game, perhaps walk me through some of the basics I need to know to use MUSH?

Also, I have a crapton of aliases (300+) on Portal and I would like some way to perhaps transfer them over, either through use of a plugin or something else.

Maybe a video tutorial outlining some of the key features and whatnot would be helpful. I have, for a while now, planned on making such a video for Portal but haven’t had time.

Anyways if anyone is able to help me out a bit, please let me know.

Thanks,
Forral
Nemix Welcome to mush, it’s a really good client. I believe you would like to check out the forums at:

http://www.mushclient.com/scripts/forum.php?bbsection_id=1

I do a lot of scripting and have quite a few. However I don’t know what portal aliases consist of maybe if you could copy some into the window I could figure out how to convert it, replace text in notepad is pretty useful for such things depending on the layout.
Forral Thanks for replying Nemix. I’m not sure exactly what information you want about Portal aliases, its really just type in the alias name on the left pane, type the code in the right pane. Heres a snapshot if it helps you at all? I can provide more info as needed :)

http://tinypic.com/r/2sb8to0/4

I hope this helps at all. If you can develop some way to convert aliases that would make my life alot easier.

Last edited on October 2, 2009 07:22pm.
Nemix There should be a file they save to though or a way to export them. Then it could be easily changed to something for mush.

Mush’s files save as xml, can be edited easily with notepad and pretty much look like:

<aliases>
<alias
match="cl"
enabled="y"
send_to="12"
sequence="100"
>
<send>
world.send "cast ‘cure light’"
</send>
</alias>
<alias
match="fb"
enabled="y"
send_to="12"
sequence="100"
>
<send>
world.send "cast ‘fire ball’"
</send>
</alias>
</aliases>

edit: I’ll dig up portal when I have some free time so I could be more help.

Last edited on October 3, 2009 10:08am.
Forral Right, the profiles are exported to .tkp files, aliases to .alias files, and macros to .macro files. If you like, I can email you my .alias file and you can play around with it? It is easily openable in Notepad, so I think we will be able to work out a solution pretty quickly :)

Catch me online in game and we can talk a bit better, methinks.
Page 1 of 1 1