skip navigation

Welcome, Guest [log in · register]
Cwn Annwn
Search
Page 1 of 1 1
Forral Hi all,

I’m just posting a small guide for reference, in regards to those who want rotating tags in their channels. By rotating, I mean you will specify a list, and it will cycle through it at random.

In Portal, the code is incredibly simple.

Alias: ct
Code to put in the big box: ct R(tag1,tag2,tag3,tag4,tag5,whatever,the,hell,you,want,here)

——————————————————————————————————————-

In MUSHClient, its a little bit more complex, because it invokes a Lua script

Alias: ct * (the * denotes a wildcard, which is any text you would type)
Code to put in the big box:
tags = {
"and",
"here",
"is",
"where",
"you",
"list",
"your",
"various",
"tags",
}

x = tags [math.random (1, #tags)]

Send ("ct " .. x .. " %1")

For MUSH, in the Send to box, select ‘script’. Make sure scripting is enabled, and LUA is selected. Yes, this could work for other languages but I’d have to look up the code, and as many languages as there are, that’d be a pain in the rear.
=============================================================

Both of these can easily be adapted for formtalk, replying to tells, alliance talk, and any other channel where you want to annoy the hell out of other players.

Thanks for reading, enjoy it, and I really hope this helps someone. Also, credit is due to Nick Gammon (maker of MUSHclient) for providing me with that codebit, and Ryshad, among others, who taught me what I know about Portal.

-Forral

Edited by Forral on Mon, 17 May 2010 22:45:07 +0000.
Ixlone #CLASS {scripts|ct_color_changer}
#ALIAS ct {
#var color_changer.tag %random( 1, 10)
cttag
#var color_changer.clantalk ""
talk
}
#ALIAS cttag {
#if (@color_changer.tag==1) {#alias talk {~ct |B+|Wtag1|B+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==2) {#alias talk {~ct |c+|Wtag2|c+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==3) {#alias talk {~ct |g+|Wtag3|g+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==4) {#alias talk {~ct |R+|Wtag4|R+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==5) {#alias talk {~ct |m+|Wtag5|m+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==6) {#alias talk {~ct |y+|Wtag6|y+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==7) {#alias talk {~ct |D+|Wtag7|D+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==8) {#alias talk {~ct |B+|Wtag8|B+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==9) {#alias talk {~ct |R+|Wtag9|R+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
#if (@color_changer.tag==10) {#alias talk {~ct |C+|Wtag10|C+|W@color_changer.clantalk}}
}
#CLASS 0

Simply change the color codes and tag1-10 to whatever you want it changing to.

ct - to clan talk with random tag \ color. - will need to disable any current ct alias you have ingame or client.
Page 1 of 1 1