skip navigation

Welcome, Guest [log in · register]
Cwn Annwn
Search
Page 1 of 1 1
Katran

Hi folks. As always, I want to thank everyone again for all your contributions to the site. For any folks who’ve been itching to find a way to help, well, here are some things that need to be done to make the databases more complete (and awesome).

First, please note! The best way to get things added or fixed on existing database records is to send me a note in-game or e-mail me (katrie at gmail) or post in the errors forum. If you just leave a comment on stuff within the databases, we might not happen upon it for a long time. :p

Things I’m looking for in particular at this point are as follows:

Quest Database

Quest IDs. As the in-game quest IDs are now being shown, we are going back and adding them whenever we see them. Please note that each quest from each questmaster has its own ID. In other words, otherwise identical quests from different questmasters will each have a unique ID. UPDATE: Quest search results are now sortable by the in-game ID.

Quest timers. When you submit new quests to the database, please make sure that the quest timer you’re submitting with it is the full quest timer. Thank you! If you see any quests in the database with less than full timers, please let me know.

Ambiguous phases. When there are multiple items, NPCs, and rooms sharing the same name, the quest parser will flag any phases in question as “ambiguous”. Please do not remove/”fix” the ambiguous flag until you can confirm that the correct database record has been selected. For ambiguous “Journey to” (room) phases, we are always looking for the exact location that is required to satisfy the quest phase.

Hidden phases. If you submit a quest with phases such as “(Hidden until previous goal is completed)” (or any of the other hidden phase strings), obviously the quest parser won’t know what is required. Please make a note of the full quest timer and submit the quest later with all the phase strings, then let me know which phases should be marked as hidden. (Less desirable but still appreciated alternative: you can submit the quest as-is, then add the phases in the hints.)

All registered users are able to submit new quests. Reminder to paste the entire quest exactly as it appears in game and do not manipulate the line breaks in the description.

For existing quest records, if you can provide a quest ID, full timer, disambiguation, details of hidden phases, or any other corrections, please give me the deets along with the full text of the quest. <3

Item/NPC Databases

To submit new items and NPCs, you can paste the info in the submissions forum or let me know in game.

Trainers for the new skills. I’ve gone through and updated most of the existing trainers, but please let me know if you find something I missed.

Long descriptions for items. Please add any missing long descriptions (as they appear in the room) whenever you can.

Weapons with incorrect damage numbers. A (long) while back, the damage values displayed in weapon ids in the game were recalculated. That’s why we have some grossly wrong numbers, like level 20 weapons doing 100+ damage, for example. I’ve been correcting these whenever I find them, so they’re mostly fixed, but there are still some wrong numbers lurking out there. If you find this kind of error and can provide the correct damage, please let me know.

Number of uses for keys. (They haven’t always been shown.)

For interest’s sake, I made an evolving items table: http://annwn.info/item/evolving (This will be linked from the item database main page when Zazou gets around to it.)

Skills

I’ve added a lot of the new skills, but I’ve only been adding them as I encounter them, so please let me know if you find one that I missed.

Note regarding user accounts

In order to help the site admins find you (in case we need to ask for clarification on something you’ve submitted), please use your (main) character name as your username on this site. With respect to ownership of a username, our policy is that a username belongs to whoever owns that character name in the game. If your username does not exist as a character in Materia Magica, please note that your account here may at some point be terminated. (“Grimdeath”, I’ve got my eye on you and the quests you’ve submitted recently. Please see me in game if you see this.)

Finally, yes, I can reset your password if you’ve lost yours. Send me a tell. :)

Katran

Rewards for the Yule seasonal quests have been adjusted - favourably :) - and timers have been increased. Please let me know if you see any quests that need fixing in this regard or any other.

Again, it’s katrie at gmaildotcom. Please e-mail me the entire quest, don’t just send a tell about it. Thanks.

Katran

UPDATES:

Quest search results are now sortable by the in-game ID.

Quest reward items can now be added to quests. The quest parser will not automatically add these. If you submit a quest that gives one or more items as a reward, please note the item information in a comment on the quest.

If you notice any older quests that do give items, but our quest record does not reflect this, please let me know by e-mail.

Page 1 of 1 1