skip navigation

Welcome, Guest [log in · register]
Cwn Annwn
Search
Page 1 of 1 1
Arcanya

Hello MM community

I’m a new member of MM and just have a few question i hope you more “seasoned” players may be able to answer. First and foremost, game client. I play on Mudlet, which is quite decent but, if there is a better client anyone could suggest, please do. Second, I talked to a guide who happened to be Psionic. This guide was most helpful and attentive to my newb needs and suggested i try a Psi over a Wiz. I am very keen on this but now i’m stuck on what class I should pick. I was thinking half-elf (for the versatility) but i noticed my guide had chosen a pure elf. As pure elven seem weaker due to the lack of vitals that their Half human and human counterparts possess, their etheral ability seems to make up for that. I understand all classes are balanced somewhat in MM so my ultimate question is. should i try an Elf Psionic or go for a Half-Elf?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope some of you can help a newb out.

Arcanya

whan i say class, i mean race..newb lol

Renee

Hello, Arcanya.

Welcome to Materia Magica!

Each race has its respective pros and cons, both elf and half-elf. Neither of the two races will be very difficult for you to play as a starting player, but perhaps half-elf will be easier for you as someone who is new to the world. It is diverse in vitals and stats, and the classpath possibilities are generous. Elf, on the other hand, is a little more limited (but still generous) with classpath capabilities, but the “weakness” you speak of may be a little hard to handle at first. People who play elves and halflings don’t play those races for their hp, but both races have benefits. It’s up to you to research those benefits and see which ones you like the best. You can always create another character if you want to explore more possibilities. :-)

Happy adventuring!

-Renee

Page 1 of 1 1