skip navigation

Welcome, Guest [log in · register]
Cwn Annwn
Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 »
Thornak
Is it me or does going witch pretty much screw you out of something.

So i have been trying to come up with a good witch class path that i could go and generaly be a good character. Started with human then went Barb/Witch/Ranger/Bard - but then i dont have things like cure poison, cure disease and the only form of heal is bard cure light. So i went Human Barb/witch/monk/bard got the cure spells but no form of web which brings me to my question. Does witch get a form of web? I know the get things like impeade movement and imobalize but are those forms of web or more like slow? Tried wizard to but that was the same as ranger without cure spells but more wiz type spells. And with psi you get web but are screwed on the other stuff even more.

Help me out here is there a way you can go witch and still get an all around class path? Meaning a class path that gets important things like web, cure poison, cure disease, cure light or other forms of such? Or are you pretty much turned into a PK’r with one form of cureing or no web?
Kirri
Try human paladin paths w/ witch.
Thornak
Rofl if the RP gods are attempting to zot you for saying palading witch :P
Thornak
thanks for the help that looks a lot better.
Tejon
I don’t have an RP problem with paladin/witch paths. Think Glinda the Good Witch. Of course, you’d have to name yourself Glinda…
Vintara
Started with human then went Barb/Witch/Ranger/Bard - but then i dont have things like cure poison, cure disease and the only form of heal is bard cure light.

You have herbalism too, which allows in-combat cure poison and disease along with a twice-in-the-round edible version of cure light. You also still have leech.
Thornak
hmm never thought about that…..
Magiick Immobilise and impede movement are not web or slow - they decrease movement speed (a delay every room you move - as if you were overburdened).

The only way to get cure poison and disease as a witch is go paladin (or as Vintara pointed out, ranger with herbalism). The only other way other than paladin to get cure light is go bard (or herbalism again - which of course isn’t very convenient having cure light/disease/poison herbs on your 24/7). Thus, it comes down to 2 races - Human or Ogre.

There are 2 types of witch playstyles:

1. You use witch debuffs to your advantage, with weaken and hinder - so you take very little damage from your opponents weapon, to the point where you can heal yourself with cure critical or cure light. To take this to the next level you’d go valkyrie (but lose cure critical).

2. You use the witch debuffs to lessen the amount you have to heal, keep your HP high at the start of the fight with leech and then burn them to hell in the end of the fight when you wont have any decent healing capabilities.

#2 will be used by almost every non paladin/bard witch and most bards anyway. #1 becomes very powerful with valkyrie and other race/class combination that i won’t go into detail on.

Many high level mobs are resistant or immune to necromancy - thus screwing over leech, as well as a lot of the witch debuffs. The only way to heal others in your form is go paladin or monk (monk you would lose the ability to web). There are a few class paths and race combinations that make witch a VERY powerful clerical class - but i don’t think i need to spell those out.

Last edited on February 2, 2007 07:40pm.

Last edited on February 2, 2007 07:42pm.
Drahylin
Y’all are thinking about it the wrong way.

You can go Human or Drow for this path, i suggest Drow for teh necro resis.

Monk - For herbalism, cure spells (including cure poi and cure disease and cure blindness, i beleive), multiply magic

Barbarian/Cavalier - Whichever you prefer, with drow, you’re probably better off as a cav for the Vit, but it’s your choice.

Witch - THE debuff machine.

Rogue - this is the odd one out of the bunch. With rogue you get evasion, backstab, +2 to max agility (always nice), and snare (one method of webbing, though non-combat.)

This path also includes Archon, and it’s spells, none of which matter at this point in time.

Strategy - Wands are you friend. multiply magic them up to your level, and use them. There are web wands for sale in…Vospire i believe, but they are rot-death…locker them after you multiply magic them, or before hand. There is your other form of web. Also, remember to cast your debuffs from both monk and witch.

Pros- Mutiply magic gives you access to every spell in the game via scrolls/items/wands/staffs/etc. Herbalism/throwing at first class also aids late game, if you plan to mix a lot. Castable slow/silence is a nice bonus with herbalism, however. Witch can give up to (calculated like a week ago, so numbers may be slightly incorrect) -12 Agility, -18 accuracy, along with -20ish damage. Your fighter class second means nice 2nd/3rd attacks if you camp. Backstab…evasion…snare…’nuff said.

Cons- Witches burn through gem/eth like wildfire, and monks aren’t light on them either. You will need at least a vandy bag, if not more to keep up, and a decent bank account for buying if you have to. Also, the good witch scrolls, and monk scrolls, are all hard to obtain. (Hex, Multiply Magic, Malediction {or whatever the -damage one is}, etc.)

I think that about wraps it up.

Last edited on February 2, 2007 11:51pm.
Magiick I beg to differ.

The web wands from Vospire are magic-resistant, so they cant be multiply magic’d - first hole in your plan.. since snare is unreliable as hell and you need them to come into a room after you or know where they are going.

Wands also can be saved vs rod as well as the additional saves from the type of spell. So its quite a bit easier to save vs them (most people have atleast 20 SvRod)

You have no cure light, if you’re silenced. Therefore, you = dead in CPK if this happens.

Preperation to pull that off, is immense. If you’re into that kind of thing and want to spend all day collecting wands/scrolls - just to use them in a couple of fights, go for it. You wont be able to web mobs. Scrolls and a lot of wands/orbs can be fragged in your inventory, meaning you have to miss rounds getting them out of a bag to use them.

Thats all i can think of, off the top of my head.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 »